How Best Personal Loans Collects Your Information
Information You Provide to Us
We may gather information including your personal data directly from you if you assent to providing us with that information. For instance, you may give us your full name and contact details (such as an email or phone number), date of birth, or other similar information when you register for a newsletter or take part in a survey or promotion on our websites.
You may also opt to provide us contact details and personally identifiable information when you take part in a discussion or on our website’s forums. Keep in mind that any information you share on these forums is accessible to anyone and may be viewed or captured by any user visiting our website. Thus, you should be careful and avoid posting any personal data you deem sensitive and wouldn’t want shared with the public.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Visit Best Personal Loans
To handle our automated data gathering, we sometimes place tags (also known as “web beacons”) on pages on our website or in our emails we send your way. Web beacons are small files that connect web pages to particular web servers with their cookies, and they’re used for a variety of reasons, including counting how many users visit a site per month, understanding how they’re visiting our website, and evaluating the volume of emails that we send which are being opened, as well as which articles and links visitors are viewing.
Additionally, we use third-party analytics services including Google Analytics on our website to provide us data and statistics about our website’s visitors.
“Do Not Track” Signals are settings you can modify on your browser to send a “do not track” request to websites and other online services. Currently, there is no consensus on the standard definition of “do not track” in this context. As others do, Best Personal Loans is set to respond to “do not track” requests sent from browsers. Learn more about “do not track” signals here.
Finally, third -party services that provide tools, widgets, and plug-ins which are used on our website (such as the Facebook “like” buttons) may automatically collect data regarding your interactions with their features. This information falls under the purview of these companies’ own privacy polices or notices.
How We May Use the Data We Gather
There are various purposes for which we might use the information collected on Best Personal Loans, including those we list below. For instance, if you provide us your email when you send us a question, we may use that email to respond to you. Additionally, we may use information we gather from you and through our website for the following:
- To provide services and products that you request (such as signing up for our email newsletters)
- To respond to questions, inquiries, and requests as well as offer other types of customer support
- To offer you new services or products, as well as direct you to different parts of our website our other websites we believe would interest you
- To communicate with you about and manage your participation in different contests, promotions, offers, and events, we may provide
- To provide you with advertising, content, and other offers based on your online activities and interests, from us or our third-party partners
- To handle, evaluate, and improve our operations (which can include making new features for our website, improving the website’s user experience, evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing strategies, and improve our communications)
- To perform data analytics about how people are using our website, including market/customer research, financial and trend analysis, and anonymization of personal data)
- To defend against, identify, and prevent any fraud or other crimes, claims, and other liabilities, and
- To comply with relevant legal requirement, requests from law enforcement, and internal company policies.
How we May Share your Information
Our vendors, agents, consultants, and other service providers may have authorization to access information we collect through our website to perform services on our behalf. These parties are subject to confidentiality agreements and are restricted from using any personal data collected from our website for any reason other than those services expressly requested. Additionally, we may share your information:
- With affiliates for internal business purposes
- With third parties for marketing reasons, including social media platforms, data management services, and other ad technology companies; for instance, we may match your email address to a third party with whom you have already shared your email address, and use this to deliver customized offers or emails to you on our websites and other destinations online
- If compelled by law, regulations, or a legal process such as a subpoena or a court order
- In response to requests from law enforcement and other government agencies, including as part of national security requirements
- If we believe it is necessary or appropriate to disclose in order to prevent financial loss or physical harm, or in connection with potential or actual illicit activity
- With regards to analytics and statistical data, to inform advertisers about our user base’s status
- In the event that we transfer or sell all or a portion of our business and assets (including in a reorganization, liquidation, or dissolution). In an event like this, we will aim to provide our users with commercially reasonable notice such as an email and/or a notice on our website, of any incompatible new uses of your data, choices you may have regarding how it is used, and changes in ownership; and
- With your express consent or at your discretion.